New Delhi: Fenugreek seeds also called methi dana in Hindi have numerous health benefits. From giving your food an excellent flavour, methi dana helps in reliving various common ailments. Today, in this article, we tell you why having soaked fenugreek seeds is good for your health.
- Acts as antacid: People who have the problem of acidity can try having soaked fenugreek seeds empty stomach in the morning. Have one teaspoon of soaked fenugreek seeds every day in the morning to relieve the problem of acidity.
- Helps in controlling diabetes: Soaked fenugreek seeds work wonders in regulating blood sugar levels. One can also have fenugreek water to control their blood sugar level. You can also try having sprouted fenugreek seeds as they have 30 – 40 per cent more nutrients than just soaked fenugreek seeds.
- Aids digestion: Soaked fenugreek seeds help keep acidity away, which in turn also promotes good digestion.
- Lowers cholesterol: People battling with high cholesterol should definitely try having soaked fenugreek seeds to solve the problem. Even soaked fenugreek seeds can help a great deal in lowering cholesterol.
- Good for pitta-kapha dominated people: Methi seeds are hot in nature and thus great for people whose kapha dosha is dominating. Kapha dominated people can have fenugreek in any form – soaked, sprouted, whole or sprouted. People with pitta dominated dosha should have the seeds soaked or have its water. It will help in relieving acidity.
The right way to have fenugreek seeds
A tablespoon of soaked fenugreek seeds should be consumed first thing in the morning empty stomach. If you do not like the taste, you can add them to your dals and curries. Do not consume more than a tablespoon of fenugreek seeds in a day. You should try having the seeds every day for 21 days to see visible results.